With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it seems like an ideal time to pause and reflect and to identify people, places, and things that give us joy.
Trying to create a special list of 10 things we’re each grateful for seemed simple at first … but it was much more difficult than anticipated.
However, we persevered! We wrote our lists independently of each other – and it was quite interesting to see where we shared common appreciation. No wonder we’re partners! We really have a lot more in common than just our love of baking…
Deb’s Gratitude List
- My physical and mental health – they allow me to work, help others, crawl on the floor with my grandkids, play tennis, dance and take long walks. All the things I love to do.
- My husband Robbie. He is my biggest cheerleader.
- My immediate family, extended family and friends who are family. So thankful that they love me unconditionally.
- I love being a Mother and Grandie. I’m thankful my children and grandchildren have taught me patience, kindness and acceptance. It’s the LOVE, the laughter, and just being together that matters. And the voices of my mother and my grandmothers that live on through the generations of our family.
- Lipstick – It just makes me feel like I am put together.
- Friendships – the best feeling is when I connect with a friend who I haven’t seen or spoken to in eons – feels like time hasn’t passed us by.
- Food! – It fuels me, I get excited about it. I love cooking, eating, sharing with others. It’s a privilege to have access to abundance of food and the farmers who produce it.
- Joanne – Without Jo, Kindness Cookies would not exist, allowing me to live my dream.
- The unexpected gifts of nature, kindness, generosity, compassion, a phone call, laughter.
- Technology – it allows me to talk and see my family and friends, learn, run a business.
- My faith and meditation – these allow me to feel peace, acceptance and gratitude.
Joanne’s Gratitude List
- Family – My family is small, but precious! I’ve been blessed with 2 amazing sons. I’ve always said my best and favourite job is being a MOM, and it’s still true. Add to that my husband John, and the Woods, the Lombardis, the Camerons, and the McCabes – wow, I guess my family isn’t so small after all!
- My Health – Grateful every day to be healthy; trying to embrace aging gracefully but also determined to improve and sustain the gift of health that I have.
- Friends – without Deb… where would I be? What would I be doing? I can’t imagine. And so many other friends! I am blessed to have core friends who have been with me for 40+ years, and I’ve been so lucky to gather around me other dear women who have seen me through the good, the bad, and the ugly days of life. Thank you, ladies.
- Books and Newspapers – Grateful for the gift of literacy and learning that I was exposed to early on in life. So many books, magazines and newspapers, so little time!
- Tea, Wine & Water – Tea: a gift given to me by my Grandma Linton (a warm hug in a mug); Wine: to be shared with friends; Water: how lucky to have access to water that is clean and readily available
- Technology – I love to love it, and I also love to hate it. I can’t live without it – it enriches, teaches, and challenges me; but I’d like to see a little less of it (heads up, phones away)
- Music! – like books, so much music to explore and enjoy
- Fresh Air – especially in the Canadian Rockies
- Canada – O C A N A D A – need I say more?
- My careers and the people who have filled my days (and still do) with purpose and opportunity, challenges and rewards – i.e. Fellow teachers, students, school staff, families AND now, Our Customers. Thank you for letting me live my dream.
What’s on your Thanksgiving List? Post your gratitude items on Social Media and TAG us. We’d love to hear from you.